The Embassy of the United States of America in Armenia is pleased to announce a new opportunity as part of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2017 competition: a newly- established Fulbright program sponsored by the Hirair and Anna Hovnanian Foundation for students with a vision for contributing to Armenia’s future through a Master’s Degree in STEM fields and/or entrepreneurship.
Deadline for applying: July 15, 2016
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program awards grants to students to conduct Master’s Degree studies at U.S. universities. These studies will be funded pending: a successful application for a J-1 visa; receipt of medical clearance; and successful academic placement at a U.S. institution of higher education by the Institute for International Education (IIE). Applicants share a strong academic background, leadership potential, and the adaptability and flexibility to pursue their Fulbright goals successfully.
YOU’RE ELIGIBLE IF YOU HAVE:
Armenian citizenship and residency
Completed your BA studies by the start of
Proficiency in English/successful TOEFL
Completed your online application, including research paper
Completed or deferred your military service
INTERESTED? COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION HERE:
You’ll need to have these items ready before you begin the online application process:
1. A personal statement describing why you want to study in the U.S.
2. A “Field of Study” essay describing your academic and professional goals
3. A personal statement describing how your degree will contribute to Armenia’s future
4. Three people who will submit a letter of recommendation for you. These should be people who
can speak to your academic abilities and professional goals.
5. If you have them, your most recent test scores for the TOEFL and/or GRE. (If you don’t have
these, you can still apply—the Embassy will arrange testing for you if you are selected as one of
the final candidates.)
More information can be found here