2018 Research Fellowship Program in Japan
Deadline: August 31st, 2017
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) invites qualified candidates to apply for the 2018 Research Fellowship Program. Aimed "towards a greater understanding of Japan and a lasting world peace", the program was founded in 1980.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
1. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academic qualifications.
2. Applicants must be 49 years old or under.
3. Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountable difficulties during their research activities in Japan.
4. Applicants should not have been in Japan in the past and/or in the present.
5. Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to their countries on completion of their fellowship stay by MIF.
6. Applicants must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent from carrying out research in Japan.